The HSLC, High Madrassa and HS Final Examinations continued getting delayed due to the second wave of the COVID-19 pandemic. Given the prevailing positivity rate of COVID-19, Assam Cabinet in its meeting held on 16th June 2021 recommended that HSLC, High Madrassa and Higher Secondary final Examinations would not be possible this year. The Assam Cabinet further recommended that the final decision would be taken on 18 June 2021, regarding the matter, at a meeting between the Education Department and various other stakeholders.
A meeting of the various stakeholders was held on Friday, 18 June to review the issue. In the meeting, the Health Department provided a presentation on the prevailing situation of the COVID-19 pandemic district wise. After thorough discussion, it was concluded that like the Central Board of Secondary Education and Examination Boards of some other States, the Examinations to be conducted by AHSEC and SEBA for the year 2021 would also be cancelled and in order to save the academic year of students, results have to be published by AHSEC and SEBA in time, following an alternative method of Evaluation as decided by the CBSE and other Boards.
The Chairman of AHSEC and SEBA further informed that the Internal Assessment and Practical Examination for selected subjects have been completed and the marks secured by each of the candidates have already been uploaded in their respective system. But the boards do not have the means for recording marks secured by the students in their Internal Examinations conducted by the school, like Unit Test, Half-yearly/Annual/Test Examination, etc. because these records are only available with schools.
So, the Education Department, Government of Assam has cancelled the examination and has constituted two different Committees separately for the Assam Higher Secondary Education Council (AHSEC) and Board of Secondary Education, Assam (SEBA) to suggest the strategy to be adopted to prepare the results of HSLC/AHM( Class -X Final) and Higher Secondary Final Examination (Class- 12) for the Academic year 2020-21.
A. Committee for HSLC/AHM (Class-10 Final) Examination
1.Dr Alok Buragohain, Former VC DU and Chairperson Academic RGU- Chairman
2. Chairman SEBA- Member.
3. Sri SN Das, Deputy Secretary, Secondary Education-Member.
4. Sri Prasanna Bora, IS Kamrup (Metro)- Member.
5. Sri Ranjit Dam, Principal, Kachokhana HSS Dhubri- Member.
6. Sri Hakim Tarafdar, Principal, Jaraguri HSS Kokrajhar- Member.
7. Sri CB Rai, Principal, Kamrup Academy, Kamrup Metro- Member.
8. Sri Mrinal Khaund. Head Master, Muhiram Hazarika High School, Golaghat- Member.
9. Secretary SEBA- Convenor.
B. Committee for Higher Secondary Final Examination
1.Prof. Dipak Kumar Sharma, VC Kumar Bhaskar Varma Sanskrit Ancient Studies University - Chairman.
2. Chairman AHSEC- Member.
3. Smt.Nibedita Laskar, Joint Secretary, Higher Education - Member.
4. Dr SN Barman, Principal, B.Barooah College- Member.
5. Dr S.Borkotoky, Principal, Nagaon College - Member.
6. Sri Idris Ali, Principal, Dhubri Boys HSS - Member.
7. Sri Ratan Pal, Narsingh HSS, Silchar - Member.
8. Smt Dipika Choudhury, IS, Dibrugarh- Member.
9. Secretary AHSEC - Convenor.
The given procedures are to be followed by the members of both the Committees:
1.The respective Committees are expected to submit the procedure to be approved by each school to evaluate each student, subject wise for the marks assigned against the theory portion of each subject.
2. The procedures should be based on records available in the school against each student.
3. The respective Committees are instructed to examine the procedure adopted by CBSE and other Examination Boards before arriving at a decision.
4. The respective Committee is expected to submit their report within 07 days from the date of constitution of the Committee.
All technical and official support to the respective Committee to arrive at decision, will be provided by The Board of Secondary Education, Assam and Assam Higher Secondary Education Council.
Based on the report provided and after proper examination, the Education Department, Government of Assam will administer necessary instruction to all concerned offices and schools to do the needful. The final result will be prepared by AHSEC and SEBA, after incorporating the marks of Internal Assessment, Practical Examination and marks against theory portion as received from the respective schools within 30th July 2021.